County Prep Fashion and Culinary students are awarded 4 Gold and 3 Silver Medals along with $12,000 in scholarships at FCCLA State Conference.
It is with great pleasure and pride to announce that County Prep Students have once again achieved outstanding results at the 2021 FCCLA Virtual State Leadership Conference. What makes this even more rewarding and worthy of praise is that they competed virtually. They did it professionally, meeting all the competition’s deadlines while still completing their regular online schoolwork. Students worked virtually using creativity and digital savvy to collaborate with team members and connect with their instructors, Chef John Palsi and Fashion Design and Merchandising teacher Ms. Janet Patten. The result was four gold and three silver medals.
Events and Awards are as follows:
Angelina Ceballos - Luncheon Showcase Menu - Gold Medal
- Camila Ramos - Fashion Design-Gold Medal
- Gwendolyn Good - Fashion Runway Sportswear - Gold Medal
- Valeria Miranda - Fashion Runway Eveningwear - Silver Medal
- Amaya Thomas - Successories - Silver Medal
- Gherese Felipe & Madison Ragland (Team) Recycle and Repurpose-Silver Medal
- Brianna Riveria and Catherine Chua (Team ) - Entrepreneurship - Gold Medal
Camila Ramos, Gherese Felipe, Madison Ragland, Brianna Riveria, and Catherine Chua will be moving on to compete at the FCCLA virtual National Leadership Conference representing the entire state of New Jersey.
Please join us in congratulating all the award recipients for their hard work and dedication, and best of luck to the students competing at Nationals.